how easy to find usArriving by car
If you are taking the motorway from Germany or Zurich, Berne or Lucerne:
- Exit at “Basel City/Süd”.
- Then follow the signs for “Universitätspital”; drive past the Hilton/Post and cross over the viaduct.
Turn right at the first traffic light and drive back around 50 metres until you reach the hotel.
If you are taking the motorway from France:
- Continue to the end of the motorway (customs).
- Then follow the signs for “City”; drive past the “Spalentor” (Medieval city gate).
- When you reach the National-Versicherung insurance company building, enter the left-hand lane, then turn left at the traffic light and continue about 50 metres until you reach the hotel.
You can park in the “Steinen-Parking” near the hotel.
Arriving by train, or on foot from the Swiss (SBB) or French (SNCF) train stations:
- When leaving the station through the main entrance, cross the street and walk about 50 metres to the left.
- Walk down “Küchengasse” and turn left at the end of the street.
Continue along the “Heuwaage” viaduct and cross the footbridge at the end of it; then turn left and walk about 50 metres to Hotel Steinenschanze. It is a 10-minute walk.
Taking the bus to our hotel from the Swiss (SBB) or French (SNCF) train stations:
- Go to the bus stop across the street from the station and take the no. 30 bus to the next stop. From there it is just a few steps to Hotel Steinenschanze.
Click here to open a new window with an electronic map of Basle on which you can find any desired location within the city just by entering its address.
Download: Hotel Steinenschanze Directions (PDF/195KB)